Monday 22 July 2013

Typical Work Day

So all I seem to be commenting on are the exciting outings/work days. So I thought I would let you know what a typical day is like. (yes I know how boring lol)


So every morning I wake up to Damion my pet rooster running to my room to crow, this is usually around 6 am. Unless it’s a special occasion I usually go back to sleep till 7 or 7.30. 

My room, messy even in Cameroon :P
My bed and mosquito net
I then get up, find my way out from under my mosquito net and put on my flipflops (as with no carpet your feet get really cold)
I then wander into the lounge where my breakfast awaits, it’s usually fresh fruit and toast or bread, even cake! And homemade jam and honey :D 

It appears like this everyday, i just turn up and eat
Then I get ready and me and Chris walk into work. We normally see a million people all who like to say good morning. 

The view from the house
Then when we get into the office, we set up, check the calendar I set up to see if we need to add change anything, then it’s just work or occasionally talking to other people around the office. 


We work till 12pm Then it’s off to 4 corners for some food, it’s very basic there seems to be a lack of nutrition. For people who grow an amazing variety of vegetables and fruit the basics are beans rice, and meat. A meal for two ranges from 700 CFA - 1500 CFA which is about £1.00-£1.50.
Chicken, red sauce and rice at Horizons
Plantain, rice and goat? 
Then it’s back to the office, which normally closes at 2.30. 

BAWA

So we head back to the house and report back to Fernando and Teresa what we have been up to. 

Dirt track to the main road

Main road
Main road

Our Corner shop at the CHS junction

The dirt track to the house

Our House 

Then it’s work or reading till dinner at 7pm. Then we usually have chats till about 9 ish. Then it’s a shower using; a boiled kettle, a bucket of cold water and a jug. Surprisingly it works fine. 

My bathroom 
Then it’s off to bed at 10pm. 

The week normally goes like this punctuated by visits and meetings, and the occasional day off.

2 comments:

  1. I love your house, especially the view. Do I see a picture wall to remind you of home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my best friend Ellie gave me a photo album before I left so I decided to put them up on my wall.

    ReplyDelete