Wednesday 16 April 2014

Becoming a Project Manager

As part of the placement you may be asked to come back an be the placement manager, I thought that was crazy in my case as I was going into my final year of university and I didn't think I would be any use to anyone.

However due to a twist of fate and an ill timed holiday I actually ended up being part of the interview day. At first it seemed so surreal to be on the other side of the interview table, but then i thought about how useful it was. I could ask questions and answer questions on the area, Reignite that very few others could. Also having spent so much time working for the Reignite I was invested in getting them the best placement volunteers.

So for all those future EWB placements, please do consider being project manger, I regret now saying no. It's a chance for you to help someone avoid your mistakes and ensure the legacy of all your hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment