Sunday 22 September 2013

Last Day in Bambui

Our last day in Bambui was an interesting one. It started with a trip to Bamenda to visit farther Victor for a small breakfast, then onto the town to get some cash and another suitcase because I have somehow managed to gather twice the amount of stuff as when I got here.

Father Victors idea of a small breakfast
Friday was also the leaving celebration at the palace and I have to say I was a little disappointed. It was great to say goodbye to the Fon as he has always been very nice and supportive, I also did get another snazzy traditional dress but it was badly organised and not many people showed up. 


Pre Bambui makeover 

After Bambui Makeover
However by this point I was panicking about my packing so a short goodbye was quite a welcome change from the usual long ceremonies. Also we got to give the Fon his gift of whisky and a british flag which he immediately hung up, which made me smile. He also told me and Chris that we are now a daughter and son of Bambui and this is now our second home. 


The Fon and guests outside the palace 

4 comments:

  1. looking great jo :)
    chris looks like a warrior in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted chris's outfit the trousers are amazing, but mine is great too and it's made out of velvet so it's really comfy :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you in your outfits on our Sunday visits!

    ReplyDelete