Sunday 22 September 2013

Presentation #2

Presentation day 2:

Then it was time to do it all again on Friday for the Tubah council. The presentation was held in the Courthouse and we had another Fon from Fungang and the Lord Mayor of Tubah in attendance.


The reason we did this second presentation is although Reignite is based in Bambui it actually resides within Tubah Council which covers 4 villages bambili, Bambui, small babanki and big babanki. Bambui is the test case for the Reignite project structure and it's good to share the progress with the other villages. It’s hard to believe it but reignite is a relatively small organisation (though they think big) and they can only really work in one area at a time.

So we stepped up to do our presentation again.



I was feeling much more confident as we had done it all yesterday and there were only around 50 people in attendance.




It was all going so well till I stepped up to do my talk on irrigation and the power went off. I just had to carry on whilst we put the Laptop on a high chair.



Then thankfully it came back on so I moved back to the screen seamlessly (I hope) then it happened again. However I was nearly at the end so I just finished up and waited for the questions. This time there were a few tough ones, some not even about my project, but luckily Teresa stepped in a few times and helped me with answers. Then we had a nice speech by the Lord Mayor 


Then it was time to celebrate…or finish our reports.

Feedback:
Just to add throughout the past couple of weeks we have been receiving some feedback, which has all been really nice. All the farmers seemed very happy with my presentation and apparently I am now an advocate for both the youths and women as I am so accomplished and confident for someone so young and you know a woman. In addition everyone was very impressed with Christopher's project and now there is a tippy tap and a urinal for fertiliser outside the Eco Tourism Center and hopefully a shift in peoples perception of sanitation and hygiene. 







3 comments:

  1. I love your comment, "there were ONLY around 50 people in attendance"! you've certainly grown in confidence since you left. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about personal growth and this has been amazing for boosting confidence in public speaking :)

      Delete
  2. What a legacy you have both left for the people of Bambui and surrounding areas. Excellent work from you both and now enjoy a well deserved break

    ReplyDelete